When it comes to construction, there are a variety of different tools and products that can be used to get the job done. One such product is the steel corner bar. Corner bars are a steel reinforcing bar that can be used to join structural elements at right angles.
The question is when should you use a corner bar for your next construction project? Should I really have to use one? Find out more about corner bars and if they are the right choice for your next project.
When To Use A Corner Bar?
Basically, on every construction project! Whether it’s a big or small project, steel corner bars will most likely be used.
For example, if you are building a wall, you will need to use corner bars to connect the concrete slab at an angle. This helps to create a strong and stable structure.
Corner bars are strong, durable, easy to install and they come in a variety of sizes.
In addition, corner bars can also be used to create a variety of different shapes and sizes. This means that they are perfect for both small and large construction projects.
Here are just a few of the many ways that corner bars can be employed in construction;
- To reinforce concrete foundations
- To support the weight of brick walls
- To provide stability for framing during construction
- To hold up gyprock during installation.
As you have concluded, corner bars play an important role in construction. Whether you’re working on a small home renovation or a large commercial project, be sure to keep a few corner bars on hand.
When choosing a corner bar for a particular project, it is important to consider the concrete structure’s shape and load capacity. Ensure that the corner bars used conform with AS/NZS 4671:2001 Steel Reinforcing Materials Standard.
Why Corner Bars are useful?
Corner bars are an essential part of any construction project. They help to provide support and stability for the structure, as well as preventing movement in the event of an earthquake or other natural disaster.
Corner bars are commonly used in the construction of columns, beams and other load-bearing members. They provide additional support at the corners of these members, where stress concentrations tend to be highest.
As a result, corner bars can help to increase the strength and stability of a structure. In some cases, they may also be used to provide extra support for attachments such as brackets and braces. Corner bars are typically made from steel or another strong metal, and they can be either welded or bolted into place.
How to use corner bars?
Corner bars are essential in construction and are always used on load-bearing members. They’re placed at the corners of these members to provide extra support where needed most.
Here’s a rundown of how to install corner bars in construction;
- The placement of corner bars is always done before pouring concrete
- They should be placed in the corners of the footing or wall form
- Make sure the length of each bar extends past the edge of the form by at least 15.4cm
- After all the corner bars are in place, tie them together using rebar tie wire
- Once the concrete has been poured and has been set, the form can be removed
- The corner bars will now be hidden from view but will continue to provide support to the structure.
The correct installation of corner bars is critical to ensuring the safety of a load-bearing structure.
Advantages of using corner bars
If you are still unsure where or not you should use corner bars on your next construction project, here are some facts to consider;
- They are easy to install – corner bars can be quickly and easily installed by bolting or welding them into place
- They are strong and durable – corner bars are made from high-strength steel, which makes them ideal for adding strength and durability to your construction project
- They are versatile and an efficient corner solution – corner bars can be used in a variety of applications including walls, beams, and footings
- They can be fitted on-site which means it saves time and money
- They come in a number of different sizes
- If required, they may be altered to fit your needs.
All these advantages outweigh any disadvantages of using corner bars on your construction project. And remember, if you’re unsure if corner bars are required, you should consult a professional engineer for advice.
There are many reasons why you should use corner bars in your next construction project. They are strong, durable and easy to install. Additionally, they come in a variety of sizes, making them a versatile and efficient solution for any number of applications.
Corner bars are essential for any construction project regardless of its size or scope. Our expert team at Neumann Steel can help you with all your corner bar needs.
Contact us today if you have any questions or would like a quote. We’re always happy to help!